Current strategy for dealing with fibroids

So, they only measured the sizes of the submucosal fibroids: they didn't grow but they didn't shrink significantly  either. Previous sizes were 16mm and 13mm. They are now 15 and 12mm, respectively. Negligible difference. So I'm not sure all the things I was doing earlier this year (DIM plus, castor oil packs, no caffeine, dairy and an obscene amount of broccoli) had any effect at all.
                 

The options are:
1) Hysteroscopy. But one of the fibroids is half in the wall, so I might need multiple surgeries to get it all.
2) Laparoscopy, to get ALL the fibroids, not just the ones in the cavity. And the possibility of a C-section in the future.

Both carry a risk of hysterectomy if they can't stop the bleeding during the surgery- I wish that wasn't a clause. The recovery time for the hysteroscopy is shorter. And with both it's possible that new fibroids will grow. Truly, I would like to have a kid (preferably two) and then manage my symptoms until menopause.

God willing.

Oh and all my hormones tested (dhea, testosterone, tsh,  no thyroid antibodies (?) I forget the rest) came back within the normal range.
I won't schedule the surgeries until after my wedding and honeymoon. Meh, wha fi do? Have to look on the bright side.

If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten- Life of Brian, Monthy Python

Comments

Popular Posts