The uselessness of most online reviews-the fibroid home remedy edition

One of the first things you do after being diagnosed with fibroids, is to go home and google everything possible. If you have internet access anyway. Google-ing cures, remedies etc. Unfortunately, there is no established cure and so you find multiple sites touting multiple treatments as cures. Teas, tinctures, supplements, castor oil packs ...and most of those reviews are absolutely useless. And it makes trying to help yourself, because you ARE going to try, very frustrating.
 I'm just going to a few I'm sure you've encountered.

1) The "I haven't been using it long enough/I just received the item so I don't know if it works." Why do people bother to write these? I know the company you purchased it from will ask for a review. Why don't you wait until you've tried the item at least before you submit a review? As to how long is enough time to know that a supplement is working, that is more tricky, but at try the item before writing about it. I promise you, you can wait and it will be fine

2) The "It works!"
That's it! That's all the information they give. No mention of how they took it, for how long, how long 'til their symptoms improved. But, you say, there are directions for the item. Yes, that's true for some and some people take more than others.

3) The semi-useful.
They provide some information but not all. For example, I read a review where a man said his wife used 2 of his  Dr's Best serrapeptase which reduced her fibroid and that within a year it was undetected on ultrasound. That is semi useful, but Dr's Best has 2 serrapeptase products, so was it the high potency one (so it would be 240,000 IU) or the lower one (80,000 IU). And keep in mind, this is one person's experience so it may/may not work for me/you.
        Another serrapepetase example, is one I read on Amazon where the person said something like, 'my daughter use this for fibroids in uterus and now they are gone. She is very happies'. Aside from her maybe her typo/ maybe she's not a native English speaker, that was semi-useful. We know she used it for fibroids BUT, we don't know how many, for how long and how did she confirm that they were gone.

4) The- Positive only reviews.
I'm skeptical in general, so I like to see a couple negative reviews. We are all different, so one thing won't work for all of us. The same perfume may smell differently from person to person. And it's ok to be skeptical. What I don't like are the hawkish people who swoop down and accuse you of "...shilling for the medical establishment." because you don't believe everything is a miracle cure. Everything's not a conspiracy and just because something's natural doesn't mean it's safe. There are plenty of natural poisons out there.

That said, I would prefer not to have surgery.

Comments

Popular Posts